Effective: October 2007
"Personal information" includes information that can be used to distinguish your identity, such as your residence address, telephone numbers, driver's license number, etc. Categories of personal information that we collect include, for example:
• Basic identifying information such as e-mail address and first and last names
• Security information such as password, secret question and answer
• Contact information such as address and phone number
• Billing information such as credit or check card, expiration date, billing address and account history
• Travel and entertainment preferences
• Ratings and reviews of travel-related services
• E-newsletter selections and preferences
• Direct marketing contact preferences
• Purchase history
• Contest and sweepstakes entries
• Complaints, questions and information submitted to customer service agents or similar individuals either in person, by phone, by e-mail or by entry on a Site
• Site behavior such as pages visited or searches requested
• Browser information such as browser version, connection speed, IP address and the presence of various related plug-ins and tools such as media players
If you do not agree with these terms, do not provide any personal information to us. If you refuse or withdraw your consent, or if you choose not to provide us with any required personal information, we may not be able to provide you with products or services that can be offered on our Site only through access to certain personal information.
Minors (as defined under the laws of their jurisdiction or residence) are not eligible to register for, use, or purchase products or services available on the Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from any Minor, and will not use this information if we discover that it has been provided by a Minor.
Personal and Demographic Data Collected by Yachting Promotions, Inc.
When you register on the Site, we ask for your name, email address, postal code, year of birth, gender, country of residence, and in some instances information pertaining to your personal interests . You can access and update this information by accessing the "Update My Account" Web page. If you have difficulty reaching this page, please visit our "Customer Feedback" Web page.
During or after registration, or in connection with other interactive features such as entering a contest or promotion, Yachting Promotions, Inc. may also ask for other personal information, such as your personal interests, address, birth date, occupation, and income range. Yachting Promotions, Inc. might collect this information through personal interest forms, surveys, or contests. We also ask whether you want to receive emails from us or special offers from partners. See the section on "Sharing of Data" for further detail.
You can still use the Site without providing personal information, but you will not be able to take advantage of many of our personalized services.
Public Forums & Reviews
Yachting Promotions, Inc. d/b/a Show Management makes message boards and forums available to its registered users, as well as allowing you to submit information. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in such a forum. You should have no expectation of privacy regarding information you share in these forums.
Cookies and I.P. Addresses
Sharing Of Data
• Aggregated Data: Yachting Promotions, Inc. will provide aggregate, anonymous information (e.g. "55% of our visitors attend two boat shows per year") to advertisers and third parties. Such aggregate data cannot be linked to any one person, and therefore does not communicate personal information.
• Required Disclosure: Yachting Promotions, Inc. will disclose personal information when required to by law enforcement or other appropriate governmental authorities, or if the personal information is pertinent in a legal proceeding or court action.
• Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy websites or other assets. In such transactions, customer information is usually one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that Yachting Promotions, Inc. merges with or sells all or substantially all of its assets to another company, customer information collected on Yachting Promotions, Inc. Sites may be one of the transferred assets.
Third parties advertise on our Site, and we also contract with third parties to serve ads across the Internet. These third parties may serve ads about our products or services, or third party products or services in which, based on your Session Data, we or our business partners believe you may be interested.
From time to time we may provide special offers on a Site, or may send special email offers about our products and services. Yachting Promotions, Inc. will not send you any email that you do not wish to receive. If you wish to receive newsletters and special offers by email from Yachting Promotions, Inc., selected third parties, or our affiliated companies, you can visit the "Email Subscriptions" web page. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from any of Yachting Promotions, Inc.'s email products, either click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of these communications or visit the "Email Subscriptions" web page and deselect the email products that you no longer wish to receive. To access this web page, you will need to be logged-in to Yachting Promotions, Inc., which may require you to type-in your id and password. If you are having difficulty reaching our E-mail Subscriptions page, please access The Yachting Promotions, Inc.'s "Customer Feedback" web page.
Periodically, Yachting Promotions, Inc. introduces new email products or improves existing ones. If you are subscribed to an Yachting Promotions, Inc. email product we may provide you with a trial subscription to the new product. You may unsubscribe from any of these products at any time by following the process described above.
Please Note: We use an email system that can individually track who opens an email (if you receive the email in HTML format) and who clicks on any link contained in an email. We collect this information to:
1. calculate how many people were interested in particular topics or particular links contained in an email product; and
2. provide personalized services that are best suited to your interests.
If you do not wish such information to be collected about you, you should either not subscribe, or unsubscribe, from our email services.
Yachting Promotions, Inc. employs physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help protect the confidentiality and integrity of personal information and to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of personal information.
As a further security precaution, Yachting Promotions, Inc. asks you to provide a password when you register on our Sites. You then have the option of storing that password on a cookie set on your computer. This way, you need not type in the password when you again access Yachting Promotions, Inc.'s Sites.
If the computer you are using is not for your sole use, after you have finished accessing an Yachting Promotions, Inc. Web Site, you should click on this link, which will sign you off of the Site. This action prevents other people from accessing your information. When you want to access member-only areas of Yachting Promotions, Inc.’s Sites at another time, you will need to sign-in and type-in your password. You will have the option of having your password e-mailed to you if you have forgotten what it is.
If you choose to contact the Yachting Promotions, Inc. through a Site, you should be aware that any information transmitted electronically via the World Wide Web might not be secure. Yachting Promotions, Inc. assumes no liability for the loss of any information that you transmit to us via the World Wide Web.
In communicating with you, we may send e-mail as unencrypted plain text because we are aware that many users cannot readily process encrypted e-mail. This is done for your convenience, but with the security concern that, if misrouted or intercepted, it could be read more easily than encrypted e-mail.
1115 Northeast 9th Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33304